EDCI 335 Post#4

1. Students are required to watch the video, understand, state, and summarize the views expressed by the author in the video, and express their own views. Since youtube is a video service provider, students can only react by watching the video.

2. While watching the video, students will think about it, take notes on some important points, and even reflect on whether they have similar situations in their lives and how to deal with them when they encounter them.

3. I would advise them to reflect on the current topic after watching the video, summarize, and complete the exams and exercises.

4. Opening the link we posted on Google Classroom and watching the YouTube video will help students acquire the skills of summarization, and thinking and improve their English listening comprehension. Also, gain knowledge of literal definitions and a deeper understanding of concepts. After watching the video, they will take quizzes and practice through Google Classroom.

5. Feedback on students’ results will be published on Google Classroom. I need to read the reflections and summaries of this video posted by students. In addition, consider what topics can deepen students’ understanding of this chapter and conceive and publish related exercises to Google Classroom. The value of this work is to deepen students’ memory of knowledge through practice questions, and to ensure that students have done exercises through the attendance rate on the Google Classroom. Google Classrooms can accommodate as many people as possible and ensure that everyone can participate in the teaching program.

6. The design of the video first requires a complete framework. We have to first think about what we want students to learn. Second, mention all subheadings. Thus, explain all the sub-headings in detail, emphasize the content that we hope students can understand, and illustrate the knowledge with examples to facilitate students’ understanding.

7. Youtube videos provide translation functions and font enlargement functions for students from different countries, and provide convenience for students with visual or language impairments. The video has two functions of volume and view, which can meet the needs of students who cannot do both simultaneously. When students cannot see the subtitles, listening to the video can also help students acquire knowledge.

1. lidongpi

I really like the layout of your blog, it’s very orderly. I can quickly find my point of interest. For question 4, you said that students can exercise their English listening comprehension and thinking skills through videos. This is something I didn’t think of when answering the question. I like your statement very much. Facing these communication activities can indeed enhance students’ thinking ability. Their critical thinking can also be enhanced through communication. I have the same thoughts as you on the seventh question. I also think YouTube has great features and it can cater to different groups of people. It is powerfully inclusive.

2. Anastassiya

Hi Xinrong! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about how students will engage with the video and what they can do after watching it. I really appreciate your idea of encouraging students to take notes and reflect on similar situations they may have encountered in their lives, as well as how to handle them when they come across them as they watch the video. I’m curious, do you have any specific videos in mind? Also, what student-student interaction do you think might be beneficial?